Joint JHPS-SRP-KARP Workshop of Young Generation Network
“The future of radiation protection profession”
Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Organized by Japan Health Physics Society (JHPS)
Co-organized by International Radiation Protection Association (IRPA) and
Japanese Society of Radiation Safety Management (JRSM)
- Abstract submission open June 1, 2019
- Abstract submission deadline September 20, 2019
- Abstract acceptance notification October 4, 2019
- Attendance registration November 15, 2019
- Workshop December 4, 2019
For Technical Tour:
- Attendance registration October 11, 2019
- Personal data submission deadline October 25, 2019
- Technical tour to FDNPS December 3, 2019
Based on the discussions at the IRPA YGN session in the 5th Asian and Oceanic IRPA Regional Congress on Radiation Protection (AOCRP-5), held in May 2018 in Melbourne, Australia, JHPS and the Korean Association for Radiation Protection (KARP) commenced the collaboration of young professionals. JHPS and the UK Society of Radiological Protection
(SRP) have launched the collaboration of young professionals as part of UK-JHPS coordination since 2018. The purpose of this joint JHPS-SRP-KARP Workshop of YGN is to encourage the active participation of young professionals and promote the interaction of YGN to help them establish mentoring in their area of interest.
Registration & Abstract submission
Registration and Abstract Submission Form
Attendance at the workshop is free of charge. However, advance registration is required as attendance is limited. Please send your information from the form by November 15, 2019. If the above Form is not available for you, please e-mail to the secretariat to know an alternative way.
Abstract submission is necessary for your presentation at Technical session. A template of the abstract is here. The abstract submission will be open on June 1, 2019, and closed on September 20, 2019. Please send your abstract from the form. The name of your abstract file should be “2019W_<Your Full Name>“.
Your participation in IRPA YGN session is very welcome to show your thought, although presentations are given by invited speakers only.
- 10:00–12:00 IRPA YGN session Delegates from IRPA YGN and national YGNs will present their activitiesand discuss the future of radiation protection with all attendees.
- 12:00–13:00 Lunch
- 13:00–17:00 Technical session – Where are we now? Where are we heading?
Presentations are categorized into the following subjects. Current situations and issues as well as future perspectives will be shared and discussed.
- * Dosimetry and measurement
* System of protection, standards and regulation
- * Practical implementation: Medical sector
- * Practical implementation: Industry and research
- * Emergency preparedness and response
- * Existing exposures (Natural radiation and NORM / Post-accident recovery)
- * Non-ionizing radiation
- * Communication and public understanding
- * Underpinning science
Technical Tour for Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Station
The technical tour for Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station, FDNPS (Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings) will be conducted for young professionals on the day before the workshop (December 3). This tour is a one-day visit, departing from and arriving in Sendai. The number of participants is limited (up to 20 people). The tour fee will be determined and informed after the number of participants is fixed: around 5,000 Japanese Yen is anticipated at the moment. The details will be available later.
Registration for Technical Tour
Please check YES in Registration Form by October 11, 2019.
Note that each attendee also needs the submission of his/her personal data (e.g. Nationality, Home address and Phone No.) to enter Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power station. The necessary items will be informed individually by the secretariat after the above registration for attendance is successfully completed. Please send them by October 25,2019.
Your personal data will be sent to Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, and used only for getting a permission of your visit to this nuclear power station.
1F Learning Commons, Aobayama Commons, Aobayama Campus, Tohoku University